Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share a single page to my lawyer

Ronald Diquélou August 17, 2014

Hello,

I have a space to manage my paperwork. I want to give access to my lawyer to help me edit a single document.

If I understood, I can give access to my lawyer to all of this space. However I do not want him to look the rest of my documents.

I want to give him access to change only one page.
How can I do?

thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2014

Hi Ronald Diquélou,

We've just released the new version of Share Attachments and Pages, which allows you send individual pages without giving access to the rest of your Confluence instance. It's actually like dropbox, you can generate unique links to your pages or attachments.

Check it out and send us feedback!

Cheers,

Gorka

1 vote
Ronald Diquélou August 18, 2014

Thank you for your reply. That's what I thought. It's really not practical.

It would be interesting to have the opportunity to share a page to an external person. Much like you can do with Dropbox or equivalent.

1 vote
Branno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2014

Howdy Ronald!

Space permissions take priority over page restirctions. If a user does not have view permissions on the space, Confluence will not render any pages in the space per Giving People Access to Content. You do have options:

• Give the user permissions to the space, and then restrict all other pages except the one you want them to view (time and labor intensive)
  • Create a new space that the user has permission to view, and make a copy of the page you want them to edit and move it into this new space
    • Once the changes are done, you can take the contents of this page and put it into the original page

Hopefully this was helpful.

Regards,

Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

Guy Burroughes June 7, 2018

Wow, that is clunky!

Like # people like this
Alejandro Clerici March 16, 2020

Why it's so difficult to share a page!! please review this...

Like # people like this
vtecnica April 5, 2021

its a joke...something so basic and not possible.

Like Frank Sønslien likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events