Setup Database Failed for Confluence

Roxana February 17, 2016

Hello,

I installed Confluence version 5.4.9 as a service, on a Windows Server 2012 R2.

I have a Microsoft SQL database installed on the same server and i made the setup i found here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-sql-server-9258.html.

When i went to the setup wizard of Confluence database, i choose Direct JDBC:

net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/<insert_database>

The port should be 1433? 

I also downloaded the jTDS 1.2.2 driver and copy jtds-1.2.2.jar file in confluence "bin" installation folder path (is this the right location?).

When i enter my database name and credentials, i receive this error:

image2016-2-18 11:33:55.png

I tried some tricks i found on forums but nothing worked (TCP-IP enabled on port 1433 in the SQL server configuration manager, I reinstalled it - nothing worked)

Firewall is disabled.

Is there another way to test the connection with the database?

Can you, please, advice what should be done in this case, or if i should perform other steps in the installation?

Best regards,

Roxana

1 answer

1 vote
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2016
  • First try to connect outside of Confluence i.e. using the SQL Management Studio via TCP on localhost:1433
  • Check on which IP you've enabled the TCP connections if it's 127.0.0.1 or the actual IP of the host - SQL server might not allow connections on 1433 on different than the configured IP
  • Before going back to Confluence first ensure you're able to connect to the MSSQL server with another tool (like the SQL Management studio) using TCP on the spcified port and the user/pass you intend to use with Confluence 
Roxana February 18, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

I could connect to the MSSQL with SQL Management studio with the user i used for Confluence and it worked, but didn't for Confluence.

The Port 1433 was configured for the IP of my server.

I solved the problem by leaving blank the TCP Dynamic Ports in the IP configuration.

Now, i manage to connect and all works well.

Thank you,

Regards

Like Michael Teesdale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events