Setup Confluence for External Access via a FQDN

Joshua Glass July 15, 2011

I have finished setting up confluence, I will still need to setup the network to allow confluence to communicate over the net, but I am able to login using localhost. I was also able to install without any errors.

I would no wlike to set the base url to be a more friendly name like confluence.mycompanyname.com. Is this possible, this is my internal sever.

Thanks

Josh

1 answer

2 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2011

The base URL of your instance is updated via Admin -> General Configuration -> Site Configuration.

In fact, the administration page will give you a warning if you are accessing Confluence on a different URL to what this server base URL is set to.

Of course, if you are using something like Apache webserver in front of your instance then you also need to ensure it's settings are appropriate to proxy your URL to your Confluence instance, but I'm assuming you were refering to the base URL explained above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events