Setting entry ID to date and display yyyMMdd on the ID

Matthew Fulton April 6, 2021

I am creating a confiform that needs to have a very specific naming convention as the entry ID. I have figured out how to get all the naming convention fields to work except the DATE

Here is what I have in the IFTTT Rule:

entryId=[entry.my_Field]_[entry.my_Field1]_[entry.my_Field2][entry.my_Field3][entry.my_Field4]_ACRL_[entry.my_Field5]_[dateyyyMMdd]

All I get when I add the date metaparameter is: 

WTC000000_AD_0000000000_ACRL_$$$$_[dateyyyyMMdd]

I have also tried this method:

entryId=[entry.my_Field]_[entry.my_Field1]_[entry.my_Field2][entry.my_Field3][entry.my_Field4]_ACRL_[entry.my_Field5]_[today]

I get this output

WTC000000_AD_0000000000_ACRL_$$$$_1617692400000

Neither of these is acceptable. Is there anyway to get this to display like this:

WTC000000_AD_0000000000_ACRL_$$$$_20210406

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Hi

We strongly suggest not to mess with record's internal IDs and let the ConfiForms manage that.

Use an extra field for your own IDs

To answer your question:

[entry.my_Field]_[entry.my_Field1]_[entry.my_Field2][entry.my_Field3][entry.my_Field4]_ACRL_[entry.my_Field5]_[entry._now.formatDate(yyyyMMdd)]

Alex

Matthew Fulton April 7, 2021

Would this format work for renaming attachments in the same format as the above?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events