Set up Confluence webDav on Localhost

Matthias April 22, 2015

Hello everyone
Currently i have to find out a way to automatically import textfiles with links to existing pages into Confluence. My way of approach is simple. I want a python file to copy the file in confluence's WebDav "directory".
I've sucessfully set up a local instance of Confluence on my computer to test this. But i can't get webDav to work. My instance It runs on a Win7 (64 bit) Machine. Confluence settings are HTTP and Port 80 as it should be.

Server.xml

<Server port="80" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="200" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<!-- Logger is deprecated in Tomcat 5.5. Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
<Manager pathname="" />
</Context>
</Host>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>

If i'm not mistaken i should be able to acess webDav via windows "mount network drive" but with
\\localhost\webdav it won't work. The windows webfolder workarround won't work eather.

Im shure its a silly mistake, but i honestly can't find it. i would be grateful if someone could point it out for me.

Thanks
Matthias

2 answers

0 votes
Matthias April 22, 2015

Thanks for the tipp David.

Unfortunely it didn't work. But in the end the messing arround with it showed me, that the problem was neather Confluence nor webDAV. Just windows webfolder and windows networkdrive couldn't handle such a path.

If someone encounters the same problem:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+WebDAV+client+for+Confluence#ConfiguringaWebDAVclientforConfluence-disablestrictpathchecking  –> comment section

and

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/WBDV-229

may be helpfull

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

When I connect to our remote server via webdav this is the UNC path that I use.

\\{server}\DavWWWRoot\plugins\servlet\confluence\default\

So, I would think that you should use ...

\\localhost\DavWWWRoot\plugins\servlet\confluence\default\

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events