Set permissions for confluence space for all non-anonymous users

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Space Permissions Overview

I am trying to set up permissions for our organisation so that all non-anoymous (Unlicensed) users can comment on blog posts.

This option is available for anonymous users, but I want only logged in users to be able to comment. (As the space is not accessible anonymously.)

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 10, 2016

Ok, so non-anonymous is not unlicensed users it is your licensed users. Anonymous users do not need a license. Anyway, the setup for them is in the same place. You need to be a space admin to make the change. While in the space you want to change permissions for go to space tools and select permissions.

image2016-6-10 8:20:35.png

On that page there are permission sections for users, groups, and anonymous. One of the permissions is the ability to add comments. Simply select that for the user, group, or anonymous section.

No - it is unlicensed users that I want to set permissions for. i.e. registered users that have a login for confluence but are not licensed as confluence users, such as those that have access to JIRA. 

image2016-6-13 9:28:1.png

These users are somewhere in the middle of licensed and anonymous, but don't have the option to set permissions within a space. If they are in any groups that are added then they still don not receive the access that is given and they do not show up in the individual users if trying to add them directly there.

image2016-6-13 9:34:3.png

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published 2 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

37 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you