Set permissions for confluence space for all non-anonymous users

Adam Dove
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Space Permissions Overview

I am trying to set up permissions for our organisation so that all non-anoymous (Unlicensed) users can comment on blog posts.

This option is available for anonymous users, but I want only logged in users to be able to comment. (As the space is not accessible anonymously.)

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

Ok, so non-anonymous is not unlicensed users it is your licensed users. Anonymous users do not need a license. Anyway, the setup for them is in the same place. You need to be a space admin to make the change. While in the space you want to change permissions for go to space tools and select permissions.

image2016-6-10 8:20:35.png

On that page there are permission sections for users, groups, and anonymous. One of the permissions is the ability to add comments. Simply select that for the user, group, or anonymous section.

Adam Dove
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2016

No - it is unlicensed users that I want to set permissions for. i.e. registered users that have a login for confluence but are not licensed as confluence users, such as those that have access to JIRA. 

image2016-6-13 9:28:1.png

These users are somewhere in the middle of licensed and anonymous, but don't have the option to set permissions within a space. If they are in any groups that are added then they still don not receive the access that is given and they do not show up in the individual users if trying to add them directly there.

image2016-6-13 9:34:3.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events