Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a static page for a group of restricted users

Daniel July 3, 2022

TLDR

I'm trying to implement some way of setting a static page for users who are in a specific group. So for example if a user is in a group called "waiting-for-approval", all he will see is some page which I wrote and he will not be able to browse Confluence freely.

Long version

We integrated our Confluence with an IdP. Every new user who logs-in using our IdP will have a prefix in the username to reflect that.

We also allow users (external users) to manually register to our Confluence, it's intended for users who can't use our IdP as it is available to employees only. Using AWS Cognito and Lambda, I was able to manage who gets added to which groups, so overall everything is working as it should.

I would like the external users to be manually approved, and until then, I want them to see a static page with some details. If they'll try to browse our Confluence they will of course be met with restricted messages.

How do I achieve this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2022

@Daniel In the delivered application the only way to really accomplish what you are describing would be to create a space that allows anonymous access.  This means that more than just requestees would be able to see the space it would be public.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/setting-up-public-access-156.html 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events