Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Set Summary Field of Custom Issue Collector with HTML Text Input

How can I take the value of a HTML input text field and set it as the summary of a custom issue collector? 

I was able to pull in the submitters name and email address into the custom issue collector form so I know the 'fieldValues' block is working correctly:

<div class="field-group">
<label for="summary">My Summary Field</label><br>
<input type="text" name="type" id="summary"><br><br>
<input type="button" id="button-launch-issue-collector" value="CONFIRM">
</div>

fieldValues: {
summary : ???,
fullname : AJS.params.userDisplayName,
email: AJS.params.remoteUser
}

I've read this page describing the 'Advanced use of the JIRA issue collector' as well as how to use Javascript to assign variables from HTML text input values however I'm still unsure how to proceed here.  Do I need to use a 'Dynamic functions' (e.g. fieldValues : function() { var values = {};) in order to set the summary field from the value the user typed into the HTML input text field?

1 answer

Were you able to get a response for this question?

I am looking at the same thing and I am unable to gather information from inputs in my HTML to be sent to the JIRA Dialog.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

727 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you