• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Server Hardware Requirements

Hello everybody,
For my team, I am currently looking for a powerful server on which Confluence and Jira should run.

I've already read through the documentation, but am still not sure about the hard disk space.

The server has 4 cores and 16GB of memory. I have the choice between 60GB SSD memory or 480GB SAS memory.
Is there a difference between SSD and SAS memory? We would either set up the database on the same server or set it up externally at our web host. Which operating system should we take?

Our team consists of ten people and we plan to use Confluence and Jira for several years.

Thank you in advance,
Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
bitvoodoo nick Community Leader Oct 23, 2019

Hey there

4 Cores and 16 GB RAM is good! Id go with 480 GB. 60 GB is really not much these days. And if your users put a lot of Attachments in to Confluence and Jira you better want to be safe.

SSD are solid state discs, these are a chip based storage media. Look them up on Wikipedia or somewhere else online for details. SSD are on average the fastest choice these days.

SAS on the other hand is not really a storage medium but the interface, a SSD could be using SAS as well. I guess the SAS one you mean is an HDD (Hard Disc)? Could that be?

Cheers
Nick

Hi Bitvoodoo!

Could you help me?

We intent to star testing 10 users license for sever. Could you tell me what is the minimum server requirements in terms of: CPU, RAM memory and HD?

Tks,

Adriano

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

402 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you