Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Hardware Requirements

Robert Parys October 22, 2019

Hello everybody,
For my team, I am currently looking for a powerful server on which Confluence and Jira should run.

I've already read through the documentation, but am still not sure about the hard disk space.

The server has 4 cores and 16GB of memory. I have the choice between 60GB SSD memory or 480GB SAS memory.
Is there a difference between SSD and SAS memory? We would either set up the database on the same server or set it up externally at our web host. Which operating system should we take?

Our team consists of ten people and we plan to use Confluence and Jira for several years.

Thank you in advance,
Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

Hey there

4 Cores and 16 GB RAM is good! Id go with 480 GB. 60 GB is really not much these days. And if your users put a lot of Attachments in to Confluence and Jira you better want to be safe.

SSD are solid state discs, these are a chip based storage media. Look them up on Wikipedia or somewhere else online for details. SSD are on average the fastest choice these days.

SAS on the other hand is not really a storage medium but the interface, a SSD could be using SAS as well. I guess the SAS one you mean is an HDD (Hard Disc)? Could that be?

Cheers
Nick

Adriano Barbieri July 24, 2020

Hi Bitvoodoo!

Could you help me?

We intent to star testing 10 users license for sever. Could you tell me what is the minimum server requirements in terms of: CPU, RAM memory and HD?

Tks,

Adriano

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events