Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seraph SSO Module Ignored by Confluence when Using LDAP/AD?

J M October 1, 2013

I'm trying to create a custom SSO module in Seraph. The modual is trivial; it reads existing information available in the request object and returns the username of the previously-authenticated user. For Confluence, it's already a working installation. The users already exist in Confluence, Confluence is set to LDAP integration, and new users are created at first login when they don't exist. Based on the Seraph documentation, I've created a jar with the package in it and put it in the lib directory. I've configured web.xml and seraph-config.xml as specified in the documentation. However based on the log output, the SSO module is never consulted for a login request; I have a number of logging statements at the level of INFO that never appear. Is Seraph bypassed entirely when Confluence is using LDAP integration? Is the Seraph documentation still right for Confluence 5.x?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J M October 10, 2013

I finally realized that the Seraph documentation is wrong and you have to extend ConfluenceAuthenticator and not DefaultAuthenticator.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

Are you trying to do NTLM authentication? If so, then I would direct you to the below link.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SPCON/Configuring+Confluence+to+use+Jespa+for+NTLM+Authentication

J M October 1, 2013

Not directly. The server-side is Linux + Apache + Tomcat where the Apache service has already performed an authentication based on SPNEGO+Kerberos.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events