Separate Confluence Spaces for two Teams

We have two spaces for confluence for two applications we support.  We have DBAs for Space A and Space B so neither customer group knows about the other, and we'd like to keep it that way.

The base URL for confluence includes Space A's application name in it (wiki.SpaceA.com), and only Space A is accessible from the base URL. Is there a way to configure a separate URL for Space B on the same confluence instance? This way we can direct customers to wiki.SpaceB.com?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Zack,

the answer is not really out of the Box with Confluence - especially if the people who access SpaceA / SpaceB need to use the Wiki collaboration functions (like mentioning (they see all users etc)).

If they are only consuming content, to the point not even having Logins - then you could have a look at the K15t Viewport plugin ... that can present individual Spaces like a Website on a virtual Domain ...

We use Viewport to render our SAML Single Sign On Plugin documentation - https://wiki.resolution.de and it's only one Space of a larger system, which you won't see.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-viewport/server/overview

Cheers,
Christian

Thank you for the insight Christian! I was hoping it would be a out of the box solution that I was simply overlooking. At least I have an avenue to take for implementation, even if it is at a minor cost.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

264 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you