Sending the body of a confluence page in an email

Max Astall August 10, 2017

Hello,

I'm looking to take an email template from a confluence page and be able to put that straight into an email (Outlook 2016) without having to copy and paste. Is there any way to do this by clicking a button that will automatically pull up the body of text into Outlook?

I'm fairly new to confluence so please dumb your answer down! Haha,

Thanks,

Max

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Max,

This is not currently a feature in Confluence, but we do have a feature request for this:  CONFSERVER-22869

I was able to find a few add-ons that may assist you with this if you happen to be using Confluence Server:

I would recommend you give those add-ons a try and see if they can help you accomplish what you need to do.

If anything isn't clear please let us know and we can help out!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Juan Fuentes July 11, 2023

So I am looking through all these links and can find any details regarding the progress for this.  This is a needed feature for my org and I see this has ben ongoing for years.  Can I get a status and if it is an active feature how do i access it.

Thank you

Like # people like this
12 votes
Crosby Grant May 3, 2018

Please help. This has been requested for more than a decade...  Seems pretty simple: I want to use the form of communication everybody uses (email) to share the form of documentation my team uses (confluence).  Inserting a PDF is so 1990's.  Copy/Paste is disgusting.  Please help.

8 votes
Matan Shtauber March 12, 2019

Any news on this?

7 votes
Marc Moroz February 21, 2018

Atlassian, you got me again.  After spending 2 days working on a template to standardize status reporting for my organization, I find that it can't be sent via email.  It can be exported to Word in mess that makes it unusable.  It can be exported into an incredibly ugly PDF.  I can copy paste the page to email but it brings over a ton of trash without some of the macros.

Please help your users.  We're dying on the vine out here.  Plug-ins aren't a viable solution.  Please add the basic ability to email page contents because we have to send information to customers who aren't in Confluence.

Christian Podesta February 23, 2019

I really expected there would be something simple that would allow sending a confluence template via e-mail, we are in 2019!!!!!!

Like # people like this
Royce Noble May 26, 2019

Hey Manjie.

This app works well - I am just wondering if you know of any way to setup a schedule in which to email out a page?

Thank you for your assistance!

Like John_Phelan likes this
Veeramani Rajamani May 27, 2020

I'm using the EmailThePage add-on and it sends mail only for a page which has very lil content and that too , without any image, big tables etc., 

did anyone face the same issue? 

whats the size of the page should be ? 

what all should/shouldn't be part of the page? 

pls give more info. 

Like Maycon Belfort likes this
Pierre Foucart September 21, 2023

2 years later that plugin no longer exist, but the need still does.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events