Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a notification when a Confluence page needs to be updated?

Pamela Makhoul August 26, 2020

Hi All, 
Is it possible to send out a notification (say an email) at a set time to a person to update a Confluence page?

If so how would you do it?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2020

Hi Pamela,

This is not available natively in Confluence. There is a feature request you can vote on at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-34389

Regards

Bhushan

4 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2023

@Pamela Makhoul 

Automated email notifications for Confluence page owners is a core use case for Better Content Archiving for Confluence, a go-to app for Confluence content lifecycle management.

What's best is that notifications are just a part of your content lifecycle strategy! It does not stop at notifying users. Take actions, like automatically archiving or deleting pages if content owners don't act in a preset time.

1. First, set up a content status scheme that defines your statuses (use the 19 built-in statuses or create your own):

content-status-scheme.png

2. Then set up a notification scheme that contains rules for what email should be sent to what recipients and when:

notification-scheme.png

This is how you should do notifications! :) Read on to learn how to take a step further and create your own Confluence content lifecycle management strategy >>

(Please note that Better Content Archiving for Confluence is a free/paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

3 votes
claudioac September 16, 2020

Hi Pamela. I work in Comalatech a Marketplace Vendor partner.

We have created an app called Comala Document Control for Confluence Cloud that lets you apply a workflow to your pages, so when a document is changed you can assign users or groups to get a notification that you need to review it.

Please have a look into this wiki article about Content Expiry and let me know if this is something that will be interesting for you and your team.

https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDCCL/Content+Expiry+Workflow

If you need more information please let me know :)

Pamela Makhoul September 17, 2020

Thank you for your response.

I just want to know is the a cost associated to this app? Or is it just a plug in?

claudioac September 21, 2020

The app does have a cost. The pricing per user is $1 USD.

Let me know if I can help in any way or if you would like a DEMO.

Best.

Claudio

1 vote
Anastasia Bek _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2023

Hi,

I’m Anastasia from Stiltsoft. We have the Handy Reminder macro that allows to set custom reminders with flexible notification criteria. For example, you decide who will get the notification (a particular user, several users, or user groups), when the notification is sent, whether it will be recurring, and what’s the period if so. You can adjust the notification message as well.

image-20230710-121007.png

Handy Reminder is available within the Handy Macros for Confluence app. A cool thing about this solution is that the app comprises many macros to fit different use cases.

Currently, the reminder functionality has been implemented on Data Center and Server. Can you confirm that you need any similar functionality on Cloud? We’d be happy to discuss the details with you.

Best regards,

Anastasia

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events