cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a full confluence page in an email

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2012

Hi,

I would like to send the content of a Confluence 4.1 page in an email.

The Share button only sends a link on the page. This is a problem for users that are not connected to the internal network when they receive the mail.

Is there a simple way to do that, or shall I change the email template in the .jar archive?

Thanks

Stéphane

7 answers

2 votes
Dana Jansen October 18, 2016

I used Reporting and comala workflows to send the content of a page via email to a DL

Marc Moroz May 8, 2018

Dana, can you elaborate on this?  I'm trying to find a way of sending a status report (Confluence page) to stakeholders that aren't in Confluence.  PDF isn't an option because it's ugly and I want the content in the email rather than as an attachment or link.

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 9, 2018

Hi Marc,

With Comala Workflows, you can send an email with your custom content using triggers i.e., whenever a specific event happens, for example, when a page is approved. 

In the following example, when the page is approved and transitions to the Published state, an email is sent to the approver user. The content of the email is wiki markup, so you can add a workflow report or any other content you want.

{workflow:name=Simple approval workflow}
{state:Draft|approved=Published}
{approval:Review}
{state}
{state:Published}
{state}
{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review|partial=true}
{send-email:user=@user@|subject=Document approved}
Thank you for approving @page@!
{workflowreport:type=states}
{send-email}
{trigger}
{workflow}

You can see the email I received when I approved the "Dummy" page:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 09.55.46.png

Hope this helps!

Gorka Puente

Comalatech Group Product Manager 

2 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2014

Hi Stéphane Genin,

We've just released the new version of Share Attachments and Pages, which lets you share a link to any page without log in, add it to an email, social networks, etc. You can also use that public link to embed the content of the page within an iframe for example.

Check it out and send us feedback!

Cheers,

Gorka

Deleted user October 6, 2016

This is not a solution to the question. He wants to put the content of the page in the body of an email and send the email. 

Like Adam Sterrie likes this
Ryan February 6, 2017

I second Justin. I installed this hoping that the contents of the email would be the body. A bit misleading but easily mistaken maybe. Let me know if you r product does this.

Thanks,
Ryan 

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
February 6, 2017

Hi @Ryan Helms,

Sorry If my answer was misleading. Our product doesn't insert the content of the page in the email. It creates a public link that allows the receiver to access to the content. However, you could use that link to embed an iframe within the email, although email clients not always accept iframes. Regards

Ryan February 7, 2017

Thanks for the explanation Gorka. I appreciate that. 

Mitz June 5, 2018

I used to have an email function in my confluence page. This function emails the page to me, which is supposed to be the answer to Stéphane Genin's question. But now in my new company, my confluence doesn't have this and I do not know how to configure it to have the email function.

2 votes
Vasyl Boroviak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

No such feature in Confluence.

I googled a bit and found the earliest request of the feture back in 2004.

Moreover, you can vote for the feature here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22869

0 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2019
Marc Moroz April 18, 2019

Even with a free add-on, some companies will need to go through justification, approvals, security evaluation, trial, etc.  Add-ons are just a NO for many of us.

Like Uladzimir_Vylinski likes this
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2019

I cannot find the exact quote, but a frustrated Jira user referred to the add-ons vs. missing Jira features with this quote: "It's like deciding to not build a road between two cities because there are commercial flights between them" :-)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dana Jansen April 24, 2015

this functionality already exists in confluence when a change is made and an email is sent to the watchers.  We would like access to be able to send the same email that confluence sends when a change is made.

How do we get access to that functionality?

Priti February 27, 2018

I want to share my page content every Thursday with senior management. 

is there a scheduling facility?

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2012

You might want to check out the SSL Post Documentation Encryption add-on for Confluence.

The SSLPost Document Encryption plugin enables you to encrypt a Confluence page and/or any attachments and then send them securely to any recipient.

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2012

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your answer, but this plugin is too complicated for my users needs. What they want is the current Share action, that would sends an HTML email containing the whole Confluence page (same page than the one they receive when they're notified of modifications on a page).

Stéphane

Like # people like this
0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2012

You could export the page as a PDF and then email it.

Regards,

Kay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events