Send message to members of a space

Fellow sufferers

In our project, we all have the Confluence app and we can see when someone for example comments a document. Great.

Now, I would like to send a message to every-one in the project. Is there a functionality to do that, and is it easy afterwards, to look back at the messages?

BW Peter Bunde Hansen

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Peter,

By members of a space, do you mean the groups and users you have given access to view, or specifically the watchers of a space?

There isn't currently a way to do this, but I did find a few feature requests that would be related:

There also appear to be a few add-ons that may help you to accomplish what you require. See Group Notifications add-ons in Marketplace for a few of those options.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Thank you Shannon

I meant just those with access to view/edit. People who work on the space. Like a noticeboard with little notices.

But I suppose its not there, so Ill just use an email and like the CR you mentioned.

BW Peter

Peter,

Thank you for clarifying. So yes, at this moment, there's no notification system like that built-in, but I'm hoping that you'll at least be able to find an add-on that helps.

What we do here at Atlassian is if we make a post on our internal Confluence, we then can also share the page with a specific group, and they all get it in their email. Maybe that would work for you?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,547 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you