Self Hosted search Confluence vs. Cloud

Xavier Morera August 22, 2019

I have a local confluence and search does not seem to be working very well. My users are not able to find what they are looking for. 

Is there a difference between self-hosted and cloud search for Confluence?

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

How modern is your self-hosted Confluence instance? Searching has been improved over the last couple years, so if you're on an older version, you may benefit from an upgrade.  I haven't noticed any difference in the quality of results that I get on-prem vs cloud, though. I doubt there is a difference, assuming you're running a modern version on-prem.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

There shouldn't be any difference in the results offered between server and cloud. What sort of search issues are your users having?

Xavier Morera August 23, 2019

Their search is not really bringing back all results that they are expecting. It is an older version of Confluence though. I will check the version and get back here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events