It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Self Hosted search Confluence vs. Cloud

I have a local confluence and search does not seem to be working very well. My users are not able to find what they are looking for. 

Is there a difference between self-hosted and cloud search for Confluence?

2 answers

How modern is your self-hosted Confluence instance? Searching has been improved over the last couple years, so if you're on an older version, you may benefit from an upgrade.  I haven't noticed any difference in the quality of results that I get on-prem vs cloud, though. I doubt there is a difference, assuming you're running a modern version on-prem.

0 votes
Davin Studer Community Leader Aug 23, 2019

There shouldn't be any difference in the results offered between server and cloud. What sort of search issues are your users having?

Their search is not really bringing back all results that they are expecting. It is an older version of Confluence though. I will check the version and get back here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Bring information from GitHub into Confluence

I’ve got a couple of questions for you. Do you write technical documentation? What about technical documentation that references code and files from GitHub? In this article you will learn how to in...

32 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you