Selector-name for hiding/disabling Create Child Page, Editing of Existing Blogs and Creation of new blogs

Hi All,

I am trying to run an instance of Confluence running on version 5.1.2 in read-only mode. Actually there is another instance of Confluence and I have to merge these 2 instances. For next few days the old Confluence should be running in the read-only mode. I have quite a few entries for disabling editing of pages, attachments, hiding of Create Page button etc.. but I am not able to find the selector-name

How to disable/hide Create Child Page, Editing of existing blogs and creation of new blogs.

Can somebody share with me the selector-names for the hiding/disabling the above settings/features.

Since the old Wiki has lot of Spaces, groups and lots of individual users added in the Space, so changing permissions to all these to "view" permissions is not possible.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I find out the other way to do the things that is I have added the below code in the custom html under "at end of the body" section. Now no "save" button is visible under any page/blog so if anybody wants to create any new page/blog or wants to edit the old page/blog he or she won't be able to save it. Thats solve my purpose

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('#rte-button-publish').hide();
});
</script>

Regards

Ankush

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,157 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you