Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select table rows in other page

Ines Weißgerber July 26, 2021

Hello all,

I try to use table rows in other pages (e.g. forms). Not the whole table, only defined rows. Does anybody have an idea?

Beside, sometimes this table is used for page properties. It should be compatible with page property macro.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Ines Weißgerber ,

We can suggest using our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

You'll be able to collect and reuse manually created tables, Page Properties Report macro and other tabular macros with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros and filter the result table (show only rows that are required for this specific page). And you may also hide the unwanted columns as well. The two latter options are provided by the Table Filter macro.

Here is an example where we reuse tables and here is an example of amplifying the Page Properties Report macro with the Table Filter and Charts app.

Thanks for your answer.

But I can´t use "Page Properties" and "Table Excerpt" together for the same table in cloud-version of confluence.

"Page Properties Report" is possible to combine with other Table Macros.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

Maybe I didn't get what you mean - here I reuse the Page Properties Report macro with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros in Cloud:

Mon 1-1.png

The Table Excerpt Include macro can be wrapped further into the Table Filter macro for filtering and hiding columns or into the Table Toolbox macro for aggregating and visualizing data.

Mon 1-2.png

And you even can replace the Page Properties macro with the Table Excerpt macro - in this case you'll be able to collect multiple-row tables.

I mean the source table of Page Properties isn´t possible to combine

Table.JPG

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2021

Now I see and you are right, it's really not possible due to Cloud limitations - you can't nest macros with bodies in the new editor.

But why do you need to wrap the source one-row table wrapped into the Page Properties macro further into the Table Excerpt macro?

You may reuse the whole Page Properties Report macro or exclude the Page Properties macro at all - collect the combined report via the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros. As I have mentioned before, they can collect multiple-row tables and provide additional meta data like page title, parent page, creator, etc.

My source table has more then 25 rows. Page propertie Report shows 11 of them. The columns are very small and difficult to read in Page Propertie Report, but it is just possible.

Additionally I need still another table with about 20 columns of source table. This is to much for Page Propertie Report. So I want to filter the source table or excerpt and filter at another place.

Or is it possible to show Page Properties Report vertical?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2021

Yeah, it is possible to transpose the Page Properties Report macro with the help of the Table Transformer macro:

Mon 1-3.png

Mon 2-4.png

Mon 1-4.png

But here the number of your columns will grow with the number of the pages containing the Page Properties macro.

I still suggest trying to collect your report using the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros and then wrap your Excerpt Include into the Table Filter macro. As for me, it shows the table with a horizontal scrollbar and you'll be able to freeze first rows/columns.

Mon 1-5.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events