Select View for Embedding Confluence Database

Justin Jeffery
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2024

I love the Confluence Database and are using it to embed specific entries in other pages however I would like the option to select the view to embed and not the entire DB row.

Setup:

• Confluence Database with 20 rows
  • Custom views hiding certain fields
  • I would like to embed the DB entry and select my custom view and not the default.

Why:

• No automation yet and it is a manual process to add entries to a DB
  • I can accomplish this with 2 separate DB's but the Jira Issue will need to be added to both manually.
  • If I can select the View I can show some fields in one part of the page and other fields in other parts of the page allowing me to organize them from where the data is coming from.

Example:

• For instance I have Jira custom fields that are populated from automation which should not be edited and would like to show that in one embedded database entry in a page.
  • Other manual fields I would like to be shown separately so my users know what is automated (or the source of the data) and what they can change.

1 answer

0 votes
Greg Johnson May 9, 2024

+1.  I am finding that the concept is great, but the styling of the /embed is poor.  For a single entry from a database with two columns, the result is large and has excessive whitespace:

Whereas I would really like to be able to simply /embed something like

WRN-002   not a good idea

(simply the two values that comprise the one entry).

It would also be amazing to be able to use the /embed macro inside other macros (like /info etc).

And using it inside a table with each value being inserted into consecutive cells of the table as intuitive would be splendid.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any freedom to change the formatting/styling of the entry.

Sorry this doesn't help you - just moral support from another user!

Greg Johnson May 9, 2024

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events