See list of all labels on site

Karen Carroll March 24, 2022

I've scoured the confluence help and can't find the answer. I've become the site admin for our 7.4 confluence site. I've been tasked with analyzing and reorganizing the site's spaces, in addition to adding some governance and standards to site use. 

I need to see a list of all labels across the site--not on a particular space or page. I don't need to see which space or page is using a particular label. I do not know what labels have already been used.

Again, I've scoured the confluence community pages and can't find the answer. It SHOCKS me that confluence does not have a simple report built in to show all labels. 

Please help.

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Actually, it does, but it's not advertised or even documented.  Try https://your confluence base url/labels/listlabels-alphaview.action

Example urls that I have access to are below (I wanted to check it was the same on cloud and server )

Thank you. much! Trying now. Will let you know.

Rats! Looks like it timed out. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2022

Welcome to the world of Confluence, @Karen Carroll .  You have a few options:

1. Label List Macro - but you will need to have one instance of the macro per space, a bit tedious, but works
  2. Recently Used Labels Macro  - does work globally, and set the number of labels to display high (not sure what the limit is)
  3. Popular Labels Macro - also works globally, and set the number high with the list option.
  4. Write your own user macro - doable, but takes time; however, a good skill to know as an admin

I think I would go with #3, thinking that if you deal with the most popular, you can get 90% coverage,

Karen Carroll March 25, 2022

Thanks, Bill. Will try number three again. I agree about writing macros--in my near future, but not today. :D

Karen Carroll March 25, 2022

Bill, this worked. Turns out, no one on the site has been using labels--at all! Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events