Secure Content Warning using Internet Explorer

Walker Bolton August 12, 2012

We are currently evaluating Confluence 4.2.12 and have it configured to run over SSL in order to comply with our security policies. The issue we're seeing is that certain action such as editing a page or using the View functionality in an attachment macro generate the following warning when using IE8 or above:

Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage

Is there a way to configure Confluence to ONLY use secure content so that we don't see this warning? If not, how are other clients getting around this?

Thanks,

Walker

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2012

Hi Walker,

I'm the assignee of the ticket that you have opened in Support.atlassian.com. As I commented there, it seems this behavior is open as a bug in our tracker: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25296

I'm afraid that the only workaround is to disable the setting in IE8, however I'll open space for other people to comment here if anyone has any other better workaround than the above. :)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events