Seasrch API call returning 403

Jon Vaughan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

Hi All,

We are using the api to extract values from a library.

It has been working fine for about 4 years, however sometime in the last few months it stopped working. 

The call is :

GET /wiki/rest/api/content/search?cqlContext=%7B%22spaceKey%22:%22IN%22%7D&cql=label=integration_technical_design&cursor=&status=current&expand=history.lastUpdated,body.storage,metadata&limit=25

returning this:

Error: 403: com.atlassian.confluence.api.service.exceptions.SSStatusCodeException: CQL was parsed but the search manager was unable to execute the search. Error message: com.atlassian.confluence.api.service.exceptions.SSStatusCodeException: There was an illegal request passed to XP-Search Aggregator API : HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

We have checked the user and API key and we can see that is working as it gets to the search, but errors after that.

Any ideas ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Vaughan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2024

So I fixed the issue.

We are using a particular service user to call the search API.

I logged onto confluence through the web-page and went to the specific areas and it started working.

0 votes
Mark Crawshaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 2, 2024

Hope we can get an answer from support.

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2024

Hi @Jon Vaughan ,

It's hard to guess what could be the reason.

I'd try the following 2 things first:

• Try to copy the CQL search URL into an active browser session and see if you get any results.  If so, there might be an authentication problem with the API.
  • Ask Atlassian support for a re-index of the site

Good luck.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events