Searching in confluence with search fields - big mysteries...

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2011

I try to use the documented searchfields as indicated here:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Search+Fields

Unfortunately some are not working at all - perhaps someone could give me some hints here?

I will just list here what I enter and what I would expect...

• creatorName/lastModifiers/ (and other Fields, searching for Users). I enter
    creatorName:sven
    and would expect to see all pages, created by me. But no result at all. My userentry is as follows:
    User: sven
    Full Name: Sv
    Email: somemail@somedomain.net
    Directory: Active Directory server
    Created: 2011-11-14 15:27
    Last Updated: 2011-11-22 16:23
    Login: Last Login: 2011-11-22 16:23 Current Failed Login Count: 0
    => I tried "sven", "Sv" with no luck. Even with a "internal" user account (e.g. "admin") it is not working at all!
  • search for "username" is working to find personal pages, but search for "fullName" is not working at all?
  • in "Attachments"-Fields is here always "type=attachment", or is somewhere a possibility to get the filetype?
    (as workaround searching for e.g. "filename:xls" is working...)
  • in "mail item"-fields, what is here the content in the "inreplyto"-field?

Finally a "completely misssing documentation" question: How to search for "userpermission"-field? Whats in that field, how to search for it?

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Bye

Sven

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2011

1. Searches for creatorName or fullName are working for me, maybe this is because your users are stored in a different directory (Active Directory)?

2. Yes, the type of all attachments is attachment. There is also a field called attachment-mime-type which stores the content type of the attachment, but I'm not sure if it is also searchable.

3. inreplyto contains the the id of the message, it replied to or nothing if it's a new message

I would suggest to download Luke to analyze the content of your lucene index. From the Confluence documentation:

If you need to see more details of the indexed pages in your Confluence site, you can download and run Luke. Luke is a development and diagnostic tool that accesses existing Lucene indexes and allows you to display and modify their content in several ways.

With Luke you could also check, what is stored in the fields creatorName/fullName fields when using Active Directory.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events