Searching for incoming links

Russell April 10, 2013

In this question about incoming links I was able to find a macro to enumerate incoming links on a specified page.

I now have a heirarchy of pages that refer to each other and it is important that I know which pages don't have any incoming links at all since this implies that they have not been set up properly in the cross-reference web being created.

Does anyone know how I can search for pages that don't have incoming links?

Possibly a more generalised search based on existing incoming links would also be useful (say, all pages with incoming links from a specified page, or space).

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Russell,

The following user macro lists all pages without any incoming links of a given space:

## @param Space:title=Space|type=string|required=true
#set($space =  $spaceManager.getSpace($paramSpace))
#set($pages = $pageManager.getPages($space, true))
#set($containerManagerClass = $content.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
#set($getInstanceMethod = $containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
#set($containerManager = $getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
#set($containerContext = $containerManager.containerContext)
#set($linkManager = $containerContext.getComponent('linkManager'))

<h1>Pages without incoming links in space "$space.getName()"</h1>
<ul>
  #foreach ( $page in $pages )
    #set($links = $linkManager.getIncomingLinksToContent($page.getContentEntityObject()))
    #if($links.size() == 0)
      <li>
        <a href="$req.contextPath/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=$page.getId()">$page.getTitle()</a>
      </li>
    #end
  #end
</ul>

Cheers,
Thomas

Russell April 15, 2013

That's perfect! Thanks Thomas. Using your "template" I was even able to enhance it a little for my purposes. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events