Searching for content within expand macro

katherine.smith4 February 5, 2020

Is there a way for the titles of your expand macros to appear in a confluence search, not just the content of the expand? Additionally, when something is searched for is there a way for it to be automatically expanded instead of the search bringing you to a page of closed expand macros where you have no knowledge of where what you're looking for may be?

1 answer

1 vote
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi @katherine.smith4

I am afraid the answer for both of your questions is No. The title of your Expand macro doesn't show the page results on searching. When you search for the content within the macro, you see the page in the search results. But when you navigate you do not see the search macro expanded automatically.

Here is the ticket with Atlassian where you might want to add your vote - CONFSERVER-27077

Here is another community question where a possible solution is suggested. Please take a look - 294206

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sireesha

Daniel Yoon January 11, 2023

This is the worst kind of feature there is. It becomes the pages entirely useless as critical information buried inside the collapsed section will not be searchable. Why is there such feature in the first place? Authors of pages may not understand such implications and blindly use it. 

Like # people like this
claribel carbajal April 4, 2023

Agree with the above comment. This is not helpful at all. 

Like # people like this
Brent Heritier April 10, 2023

Agree with the above. I have a page that would be incredibly long without using the Expand macro. However, the page is less functional with the macro since it's not searchable in any way.

Like # people like this
Adam Harris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

Agree with the above. Let's get on this please. Will comment in the 27077 as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events