Searching Excerpts

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

I'm developing two related technical documentation manuals which are hosted in two separate spaces. Some of the information is relevant to both spaces, so I'm marking it with the "Excerpt" macro in the primary space, and including it in a page in the secondary space using "Excerpt Include". I'd like it to be searchable in the second space, but the excerpted text isn't found in a regular search.

I know my users can find the original information by searching the primary space, but I don't want to make that the default for the secondary space -- the reason the documentation is separated into two spaces is because while they cover related topics, there are two distinct user communities.

Is there any way I can make the search of the secondary space include the excerpted text from the primary space?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2013

Hello Alex,

There is a possible workaround, made available at Sarah Maddox's blog, here. Still it is a valid request to have it supported natively in Confluence, you can track the request for the feature.

This was posted to the feature request thread:

Install Bob Swift's Cache plugin. Then wrap your include macros with the {cache} macro, using the "index=true" parameter to make the content of the include macros searchable.

{cache:index=true}
{include:mySPACEKEY:My page name}
{cache}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events