Search specific name in a space

I've noticed that if I search for a specific name in a space, I only get a search result if this name is written as normal text, and not "mentioned" (using @).

What is the reason for this?

We are currently building up a space for ISO certification documentation. Every page describing a process has a defined "process owner", and we use the @-mention to indicate who is the owner.

Then, if this person resigns, we can search on this name and replace the person with a new owner.

But again - this type of search returns no result if we have used the @-mentioning.

What logic am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Hi, I think this question has been asked before (see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/20080/search-pages-based-on-mentions). While there seems to be no answer to this I'd recommend capturing the process owner slightly differently, using a scaffold field. That way you can "search" on pages with particular owners in a more flexible way, even with regular expressions for example. This is done with Reporting, a companion plugin to Scaffolding. If you're handling ISO documentation then I'd expect there to be other defined fields or properties you'd want to capture as well. I'm currently working on a similar system and Scaffolding/Reporting is proving essential for this. Regards, Charles

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

363 views 2 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you