Search specific name in a space

Christian Willoch May 9, 2012

I've noticed that if I search for a specific name in a space, I only get a search result if this name is written as normal text, and not "mentioned" (using @).

What is the reason for this?

We are currently building up a space for ISO certification documentation. Every page describing a process has a defined "process owner", and we use the @-mention to indicate who is the owner.

Then, if this person resigns, we can search on this name and replace the person with a new owner.

But again - this type of search returns no result if we have used the @-mentioning.

What logic am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012
Hi, I think this question has been asked before (see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/20080/search-pages-based-on-mentions). While there seems to be no answer to this I'd recommend capturing the process owner slightly differently, using a scaffold field. That way you can "search" on pages with particular owners in a more flexible way, even with regular expressions for example. This is done with Reporting, a companion plugin to Scaffolding. If you're handling ISO documentation then I'd expect there to be other defined fields or properties you'd want to capture as well. I'm currently working on a similar system and Scaffolding/Reporting is proving essential for this. Regards, Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events