Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search not working. Because of dots?

SEAK Teng-Fong January 29, 2021

I have a search problem and I hope support staff and developers from Atlassian check in regularly to help answer tricky or highly technical questions as stated in support page.

I created a Confluence article, a troubleshooting article, with the following error message:

(Additional information: Failure occurred when beginning to send getStartupData request to server

http://psnext-3/psnext/PSServlet (ServletConnection.doURLConnection()).)

(Problem details: java.net.UnknownHostException: psnext-3.)

I was hoping that when users come across a similar error message, they could use some of those special words from the error message to find my troubleshooting article in the search field inside space overview page.  But it turned out that if they use

getStartupData

they can find my article, like this:

getStartupData.png

But when they use words like ServletConnection, doURLConnection, UnknownHostException

They cannot find my article, like this:

ServletConnection.png

doURLConnection.png

UnknownHostException.png

For me, this is a serious mistake in the search function.  There's point to ask users to search for common words like "java" or "net" because they would give too many results.

It seems like the dots in front or after the words are the culprit.  Please take a look at it and correct the error.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

Hello there!

As I understand, you are using the "Livesearch" macro but it yields inconsistent results.

I believe that these bugs currently affect your workflow:

Currently, there are no workaround to this situation.I do sincerely recommend that you go over there and share your experience. One of the reports is already under the "In Progress" status.

Let us hear from you!

SEAK Teng-Fong February 2, 2021

Hello Diego,

Thanks for your reply.  However, I cannot tell if I'm/we are using the "Livesearch" macro or not.  There is only one search field in the middle of the "home page" of the space.

space-search.png

Thanks for those two links and "linking" my post there.  I hope the bug will be corrected soon because it's really annoying.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events