Search for unresolved inline comments

Rick Bolden January 2, 2019

Is it possible to search or jump to the first unresolved inline comments on a page?

6 answers

2 votes
Frank Zehelein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2019

You can add the following bookmarklet to your browsers bookmarks:

javascript:(function()%7Bvar a %3D document.querySelectorAll(".inline-comment-marker.valid%2C .comment-count-overlay")%3B a%5B0%5D.click()%3Ba%5B0%5D.scrollIntoView()%7D)()

*sigh* ok somehow confluence messes up the bookmarklet. after the starting "javascript" part replace the ":" part with a colon symbol ":"...

It should look then like this (click for full view):

bookmarklet.PNG

Tested in current Chrome on the cloud hosted confluence wiki.

Antoine Trottier-Delorme
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2020

This works perfectly!

1 vote
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 25, 2022

Hi @Rick Bolden,

I can suggest using the Talk Report feature in the Talk - Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence app.

You can see all inline comments made on a specific page and/or space and see in it the following data:

Talk report.png

You can check the status for the comment and then, by pressing the Page column, you find yourself right on this comment.

0 votes
derek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 26, 2019

Yes it is possible through the REST API. Use this endpoint: "/rest/api/content/{pageid}/child/comment?location=inline&expand=extensions.resolution"

resolved inline comments will have a status of "closed", unresolved will have a status of "open".

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Hi Rick, you might be interested in the See All Unresolved Comments app, which contains both of the features you requested: It shows a counter on the page with the number of unresolved page comments (and also number of unresolved attachment comments), and clicking on it jumps to the first unresolved inline comment.

It also contains a search, a page overview, and you can even check how many unresolved comments there are in an entire page tree. Maybe you want to give it a try. 

0 votes
Rick Bolden January 8, 2019

Hi @Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire].

Thank you for the reply. I have voted and commented on CONFSERVER-36933 since the status of this one is 'Gathering Interest'. I'll checkout the community thread you referenced in the mean time.

Thanks, Rick

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2019

Hi @Rick Bolden,

I am afraid there is no way to search or jump to the first unresolved inline comment. There is a similar feature request open with Atlassian CONFSERVER-34510 to which you might want to add your vote.

However, this community post might be of help to you - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-decide-the-page-has-inline-comment-or-not/qaq-p/196332.

Thanks

Sireesha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events