Search for patterns

Lele Brown September 8, 2022

Is there a way to search Confluence for patterns such as SSN, a date or credit card number format? I have tried the below to search for numeric patterns and get no results. I thought you could use grep to construct a pattern search string.

Thanks

Lele

'[\\(]?[0-9]{3}[\\)]?[\s|\-]?[0-9]{3}[\-][0-9]{4}' \   (this one is phone pattern search)

1 answer

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

Hi Lele

Are you on Confluence Cloud or on Confluence Data Center / Server? In any case there are some operators helping you searching more detailed in the advanced search. Here is the documentations:

Cheers
Sloan

Lele Brown September 8, 2022

I think it is Cloud. I will check out the links. Thank You!

I was able to get some results using the below but it is not exact. The below is a phone number search. Since it didn't seem to like the hyphen, I put the ? because I do not want it to find a 10 number string and return it. I wanted to let it know there should be something between the number strings. Now it returns as if it is reading them separately. It will find 3 numbers in one doc and 4 in another. Is there a way to make it an exact match?

/[0-9]{3}?[0-9]{3}?[0-9]{4}/

Rich Nacinovich September 7, 2023

Did you ever find a way to get the exact match on phone number search syntax?

Lele Brown September 7, 2023

I ended up using something similar to this /[0-9]{3}?[0-9]{3}?[0-9]{4}/  but added dashes after the ?

/[0-9]{3}?-[0-9]{3}?-[0-9]{4}/

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events