Search and Replace Text

Charisma Riley March 12, 2019

Is it possible to do a Find and Replace within a page? I can't seem to find the tool in the editor. (I am not using the new Fabric Editor.)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

Hi @Charisma Riley 

When you are in the edit mode, just press CTRL-F. A new headerbar display and you can search and replace within confluence. 

Charisma Riley March 13, 2019

@Dominic Lagger , when I press CTRL+F, the browser find feature opens; nothing opens in the native Confluence Cloud editor.

Simon BAYNES April 11, 2019

Hi there, it sounds like you're not in Edit mode, like Dominic says, enter Edit mode and then CTRL-F should display the Search and Replace menu bar directly below the editing tool bar.

S&R_menu_bar.PNGHTH 

Simon

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
1 vote
Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2023

I used to make changes page by page, but inevitably I missed something. For example our docs space, at times small changes that are in a bunch of places.

We wanted something easy to use, no scripts or CQL, so anyone can use it. We created Find and Replace by Easy Apps, it's also part of our Space Content Manager.

0 votes
Jessie Wang_ScriptRunner_The Adaptavist Group
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2023

Hi there, if you ever need to find a replace text across an entire space rather than just a page, you can try ScriptRunner for Confluence Cloud.

There's a script you can copy and paste into the Script Console and run. It will find and replace text across all the pages in your space. It is available here: https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/find-and-replace-text-across-space

If you want to try ScriptRunner you can get a 30 day free trial in the Marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events