Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Engine in Confluence

Stephanie_Bailey August 9, 2022

Hey, 

We have recently started using Confluence and one of the selling points was the search engine. 

We thought we could type a buzzword into the search bar, and every page or document with that buzzword that we've stored in Confluence would pop up in the dropdown. 

Is there a way to make this happen? I've played around with labels but can't seem to make anything work. 

Grateful for any help!

Kind regards, 

Steph 

3 answers

3 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

@Stephanie_Bailey Welcome to the Atlassian community

Search will find words in pages, in page labels, in attachment names, etc.  It will not search attachment content.  

Here are some helpful links about search and search syntax.  

What you are explaining above should work.  If you give a more specific example and how it is failing I can provide additional assistance.  

Stephanie_Bailey August 10, 2022

Hey, I'm still having trouble. I've added labels to the bottom of the page and when I type that label in the search bar the page still doesn't show. 

Am I right in thinking if the word is in the content of a page, that page should appear in the search bar options if I type that word in?

Thanks!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

@Stephanie_Bailey Yes words in the page title and page content should bring the page up in search.  Those words should also provide recommendations on a request in the summary field.  The only way they would not show is if you have page restrictions applied to the page. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

@Stephanie_Bailey Can you accept the answer so others can find the correct answer.  

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2022

@Stephanie_Bailey Adding one more point here. If you are not able to find any page in the search then you might want to check on the page permissions. If you do not have permissions then it will not be displayed in search results. 

Thanks,

Srinath T 

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Stephanie_Bailey 

if you interested on a high qualtiy search solution for Confluence, iFinder Confluence Search is available at Atlassian Marketplace.

It helps even the confluence user without expert knowledge to search quite intuitively.

With this technology it is possible to connect other data sources and applications (websites, Jira, Sharepoint, file shares, and many more).

With one search query in Confluence, all connected sources can be searched. 

Additional to the search ui, you can place also a result list and searchbar on a Confluence site - with the iFinder Search Macro (part of iFinder Confluence Search).

These articles may help you:

Let me know, if you need further information or like to get a demo first.

Best

Robby

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events