Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Engine - how to optimize search process ?

Długi PL May 20, 2022

Hi, 

on the begging I would like to say that I`m not administrator of Confluence, just an end user and I`m here because I need Your support.

In our company we are using Confluence as documentation system. Each IT Employee producing a lot of informations everyday but as I see, even if information structure is well organized its hard to find something using confluence search engine. Generel System looks very nice and is perfect to write documentation, unfortunately is uselless if You need to dig in big amount of data written by different people. This is my personal opinion as end user which must fight everyday with different documentations. I`m trying to optimize my search process since many months, but it seems thats standard booking in browser is working far more efficient. 

Our Confluence team is focus only on keeping server alive and organizing the main structure of each space (links, title, tags). How to improve this search engine to provide most current/wanted list of content ? 

Let say, in IT Group 100 people producing documentation, which more or less needs to have the same format and the same organization of the content. I suggested to our Confluence Team to create kind of formular which will collect all informations in the same way and store it as fields in the database. In answer they told me to use "white confluence page" and put there what ever I want. So doing 80%-95% of users for which documentation is not important from the search point of view. Its very problematic... I do not want to say chaotic. 

How to avoid effect of "black hole" which we have right now with Confluence in our company ? How to organize big amount of data in form which will be easily sortable,searchable,accesible ? 

What are the best practices to organize data in form more readable for this search engine ? 

Greetings

Dlugasny

2 answers

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Długi PL 

iFinder Confluence Search is the solution you are looking for. This is a high quality Enterprise Search solution for Confluence and is available at Atlassian Marketplace.

This enterprise search solution delivers top results based on linguistic analysis and offers many additional features.  Especially if you have a lot of content in Confluence, searching via the navigation structure becomes very cumbersome. With iFinder Confluence Search all content can be found quickly and easily. In addition, over 600 file formats can be searched and found.

With this technology it is possible to connect also other data sources and applications (websites, Jira, Sharepoint, file shares, and many more).

With one search query in Confluence, all connected sources can be searched. 

Additional to the search UI, you can place also a result list and searchbar on a Confluence site - with the iFinder Search Macro (part of iFinder Confluence Search).

These articles may help you:

Let me know, if you need further information or like to get a demo first.

Best

Robby

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2022

Hi @Długi PL ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

There are some ways you can actually configure your search. But before that you should also know the tips and tricks to search smart, so I would request you to first go through the below KB article which has that info for you. 

Now, lets come to the point where in you want to know how to optimize the search results. Refer the below for more info

I hope the above info helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events