Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Bar is missing in confluence

EAE Hr Hesse September 1, 2021

I do not have a search bar any more. Is it possible to do a full test search on a confluence project? I do not find any search field (I'm pretty sure has been on the top bar previously). 

3 answers

0 votes
Devin Chandrika September 19, 2022

Refined Themes Update (9/22) removed search bar on home page - FIX

-Clicked on gear icon > Refined Administration

Gear_refinedthemes.png

-Prompted with "You need to upgrade you theme data.

refinedtheme_upgradetheme data.png

-Updated theme data and able to see search field on home page.

0 votes
Jacob Brunson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2021

Hi @EAE Hr Hesse

My name is Jacob and I'm a developer who works on this feature. I'm sorry that it isn't currently working for you.

Thank you for sharing the details on the error message and your browser versions! I have looked into this error, and I believe that it is caused by an out-of-date browser.

Chrome 72 is over two years old, and unfortunately the search dialog is using a feature which was introduced in Chrome 73. 

The same is true for Edge -- the feature is not supported until Edge 79.

Would you be able to update your browser? Atlassian products only officially support the latest stable versions of browsers.

https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/supported-browsers-for-atlassian-cloud-products/

If you are curious about the technical details, we are using the `Object.fromEntries` function. You can read more about the browser compatibility here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Object/fromEntries#browser_compatibility

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Hello @EAE Hr Hesse 

Can you please share a screenshot of the page where you are not able to see the search bar in Confluence?

Normally its present in the header/ top bar.

I will probably be able to provide you with more inputs once you share the screenshot.

You can also try to use Confluence on a different browser to check if the issue persist.

Here comes the screenshot

a) When opening the page I do get an error message

b) after clicking on "schließen" (aka close) I do not find the search field in the header (see same screenshot as the one with the message, there is noch change on page but just the message disapearing)

I'm using Google Chrome Version 72.0.3626.81 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

page_load.GIF

Just saw something related:

1) When pressing F5/Reload the search field can be seen in the head bar for appr. 1 second untul the error message appears!

2) Same behaviour when using Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 / Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events