Search Bar That Filters Table In Confluence

Ryan McNamara April 30, 2021

I'd like to build a table in Confluence that has a search bar above it where you can type in key words and that filters the table to show rows that match the keywords. Can this be done in Confluence?

Basically, this would be the same functionality as when you open a Jira Service Desk Portal and type in key words to figure out which ticket to submit. I have seen some plugins that offer similar functionality, but not quite the same thing. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Hi @Ryan McNamara , I haven't seen this functionality out of the box. This plugin should help to do what you need. It has the capability to search strings to filter and bring back the rows you need.

An example of the macro functionality is shown here:

https://docs.stiltsoft.com/display/public/TFAC/Table+filtration

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Ryan McNamara , the macro mentioned above belongs to the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app that helps you to filter and aggregate data (manually created tables and all the tabular macros such as Page Properties Report, Jira Issues, etc.).

Please book a live demo and we'll be happy to show all the main features of the app related to your specific case.

Like # people like this
Ryan McNamara May 7, 2021

A demo would be great! I just booked one for Monday. Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events