Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Scriptrunner Transition Issue to new Status when custom Field Value is selected

I need help creating a Scriptrunner Script that does the following.

customFieldA (Single Select Dropdown)

User Selects "Yes"

Issue Auto-transitions to Closed.

2 answers

Hi @Hector Hood You can do this easily by applying a post function >> Fast-track Transition an Issue. 

For eg :- This is a workflow ToDo >> In Testing >> In Progress >> Done and you want to move issue from In Testing to Done based on select list field. 

You need to applying a transtion screen and Fast-track Transition an Issue post function on In Testing transtion. One transtion screen add this field :- customFieldA (Single Select Dropdown) , it's your choice you want to make it mandatory or optional. Then apply Fast-track Transition an Issue post function :-

In Condition put :- cfValues['My Select List']?.value == 'My value'

Action :- Select Done(id) status. 

Thanks

V.Y

This still seems to be a manual process. What I am looking for is when I set the Value to Yes the issue Auto-Transitions to Closed. User should not be selecting the closed Transition. The issue needs to auto transition on its own. Out Closed is set with the Global Transition of All. One last detail the issue that needs to transition is a sub-task.

0 votes
Pramodh M Community Leader Apr 13, 2022

Hi @Hector Hood 

Please find the below code example for transitioning the issue

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/transition-an-issue-using-issue-input-parameters

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

187 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you