Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner Transition Issue to new Status when custom Field Value is selected

Hector Hood April 13, 2022

I need help creating a Scriptrunner Script that does the following.

customFieldA (Single Select Dropdown)

User Selects "Yes"

Issue Auto-transitions to Closed.

2 answers

2 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

Hi @Hector Hood You can do this easily by applying a post function >> Fast-track Transition an Issue. 

For eg :- This is a workflow ToDo >> In Testing >> In Progress >> Done and you want to move issue from In Testing to Done based on select list field. 

You need to applying a transtion screen and Fast-track Transition an Issue post function on In Testing transtion. One transtion screen add this field :- customFieldA (Single Select Dropdown) , it's your choice you want to make it mandatory or optional. Then apply Fast-track Transition an Issue post function :-

In Condition put :- cfValues['My Select List']?.value == 'My value'

Action :- Select Done(id) status. 

Thanks

V.Y

Hector Hood April 13, 2022

This still seems to be a manual process. What I am looking for is when I set the Value to Yes the issue Auto-Transitions to Closed. User should not be selecting the closed Transition. The issue needs to auto transition on its own. Out Closed is set with the Global Transition of All. One last detail the issue that needs to transition is a sub-task.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

Hi @Hector Hood 

Please find the below code example for transitioning the issue

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/transition-an-issue-using-issue-input-parameters

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events