Saved pages do not render the same as preview or editor

alex_kato March 28, 2023

Currently running Confluence Datacenter 7.19.0. When editing or previewing a page all the macros and lists render well, but once saved to the page the page does not render correctly. Below are screen shots of the differences. 

Preview:

preview.png

Saved:

saved.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @alex_kato 

Is this part of text copied from other source or written from scratch?

What browser are you using? Did you tried on a different one?

What would happen if you start remove specific points (levels) from bottom to top? Could you do that kind of basic troubleshooting and see if after removing some it would start working?

alex_kato March 29, 2023

This was text was all written from scratch and I did try other browsers. This was not an issue with confluence, but an issue with my banners I set up which I did not apply the CSS correctly. I applied the CSS to all classes when configuring my announcement banner which conflicted with all web pages. 

If anyone is having any styling issue and you have announcement banners configured, remember that the CSS applied is applied to everything in the instance and you should add classes to any html to apply the CSS properly.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Glad that you found the root cause of this problem! Thank you for information.

0 votes
alex_kato March 29, 2023

I have resolved the issue, it was user error.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events