Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari is unable to preview png's

Edgar Anzaldua March 27, 2018

I've been using confluence for a while in safari, and lately I stumbled upon this recurring issue.

Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.05.31 pm.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Edgar,

What version of Safari and Confluence are you using? Does this happen to all .png files?

I can confirm I am not able to replicate the issue on Safari Version 11.0.3 (13604.5.6) on my Confluence Cloud instance.

Regards,

Shannon

Edgar Anzaldua April 4, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 9.46.38 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-05 at 9.46.46 am.png

Edgar Anzaldua April 4, 2018

Sometimes they load, but it might be 1 out of 20 times... very random... :(

I got the copy of the console output (Inspect Element --> Console) Is it safe to post?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi Edgar,

It should be, but if your URL displays you can censor it out.

Also, do you happen to be on Confluence Cloud? I want to know so I can properly test this myself.

But if it happens to be only randomly it could very well be an issue with your browser. Are you able to replicate this with all browser add-ons disabled and from multiple networks and computers?

Shannon

Edgar Anzaldua May 3, 2018

Replicates from multiple networks and computers.

It's confluence cloud.

[Info] SERVICE WORKER - Registration successful with scope: – "https://confluencecloudsite.atlassian.net/wiki/" (frontend-service-worker-register.js, line 25)

[Warning] DEPRECATED JS - Dialog has been deprecated since 6.0.6 and will be removed in a future release. Use require('confluence-create-content/space-blueprint') – " https://d2r19am4nu5qu1.cloudfront.net/confluencecloudsite.atlassian.net/wiki/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-939230401/h/4eaf62917b8fdb6623…" (batch.js, line 129)

[Warning] DEPRECATED JS - Inline dialog constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use inline dialog 2 instead. – " v@https://d2r19am4nu5qu1.cloudfront.net/confluencecloudsite.atlassian.net/wiki/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-939230401/h/84a498b841647656…" (batch.js, line 129)

[Warning] DEPRECATED undefined - OnTop has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. – " https://d2r19am4nu5qu1.cloudfront.net/confluencecloudsite.atlassian.net/wiki/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-939230401/h/84a498b84164765611…" (batch.js, line 129)

[Warning] DEPRECATED JS - Inline dialog constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use inline dialog 2 instead. – " https://d2r19am4nu5qu1.cloudfront.net/confluencecloudsite.atlassian.net/wiki/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-939230401/h/fa95cb85d3e85e9461…" (batch.js, line 129)

[Warning] AJS's create element functionality has been deprecated since 5.9.0. (batch.js, line 112)

No alternative will be provided.

Use document.createElement() or jQuery.parseHTML(), or preferably use a templating library.

[Log] Finished loading Autocomplete base, Macro browser, JIM, Jira chart plugin (atlassian-editor-plugins.85fc2c6ff73f2a506175-v28.js, line 12)

[Log] User Name joined. (current-user) (batch.js, line 370)

[Warning] DEPRECATED JS - Dialog has been deprecated since 6.0.6 and will be removed in a future release. Use require('confluence-create-content/space-blueprint') – " global code@https://d2r19am4nu5qu1.cloudfront.net/confluencecloudsite.atlassian.net/wiki/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-939230401/h/3c51ea…" (batch.js, line 129)

[Log] Error running batched script. (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-create-content-plugin:resources.js, line 1)

[Error] TypeError: Attempting to change the setter of an unconfigurable property.

WRMCB (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-create-content-plugin:resources.js:1:102)

Global Code (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-create-content-plugin:resources.js:99)

[Log] Error running batched script. (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-create-content-plugin:resources.js, line 1)

[Error] TypeError: Attempting to change the setter of an unconfigurable property.

WRMCB (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-create-content-plugin:resources.js:1:102)

Global Code (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-create-content-plugin:resources.js:99)

[Warning] MediaViewer: #updateFiles() is deprecated use #setFiles() instead. (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-previews:mediaviewer-core.js, line 5)

[Warning] MediaViewer: #updateFiles() is deprecated use #setFiles() instead. (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-previews:mediaviewer-core.js, line 5)

[Warning] MediaViewer: #getCurrentFile() is deprecated use #getCurrent() instead. (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-previews:mediaviewer-core.js, line 5)

[Warning] MediaViewer: #getCurrentFile() is deprecated use #getCurrent() instead. (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-previews:mediaviewer-core.js, line 5)

[Warning] DEPRECATED JS - Inline dialog constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use inline dialog 2 instead. – " View@https://d2r19am4nu5qu1.cloudfront.net/confluencecloudsite.atlassian.net/wiki/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-939230401/h/4eaf62917b8fd…" (batch.js, line 129)

[Warning] DEPRECATED JS - Inline dialog constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use inline dialog 2 instead. – " render@[native code]" (batch.js, line 129)

[Error] Failed to load resource: The operation couldn’t be completed. Protocol error

> Selected Element

< <div class="cp-unknown-file-type-view-wrapper">…</div>

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (mediaviewer.all.js.map, line 0)

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (plugin-minimode.js.map, line 0)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2018

Hi Ed,

Thank you!

I don't see exactly in this output what is causing the error, so I'd like us to have a look at your Cloud server logs. Therefore, I have created a support ticket for you.

Please check your email for my message to you with that ticket number.

Once the issue is resolved with the Cloud Support team please feel free to share the solution on this thread.

Regards,

Shannon

thais
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2018

Hi, Edgar and Shannon,

The behaviour described is connected to the following bug: 

CONFCLOUD-58089 - Confluence Image preview is not working in Safari 11.

At this moment, the workaround suggested is using another browser. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events