Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAGIL Incoming Links and nested maros

Jeffrey Hoyt June 28, 2021

I'm setting up a template to be included as the header in multiple pages and I'd like the Incoming Links (SIL) macro to be part of that template.  Unfortunately it's rendering links to the template instead of the end page. 

Example - Template T contains the SIL macro. I include the template in pages A and B.  What I want is the links to pages A to show on page A and B on page B.  Both show the links to T.  

Any way around this?  Am I doing the "include" incorrectly somewhere?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Swasti Agarwal June 29, 2021

Hello Jeffrey Hoyt,

Thank you for connecting and using our app.

We tried to reproduce the issue but unfortunately could not replicate it. For us, it worked fine.

It would be nice if you could please share with us the version of the app and the version of the Confluence you are using. Also, it would be great if you could enlighten us with whether you are using cloud or server?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Swasti

Jeffrey Hoyt June 29, 2021

Thanks for contacting me. We're on Confluence 7.4.6 and is hosted on premises. The macro is version 1.0.12.

Just to be certain.  If you include the Incoming Links macro into a page, then use the "include page" macro to embed that into a third page, the incoming links that are shown are for that third page?  And that's the intended functionality?

Swasti Agarwal June 30, 2021

Hello Jeffrey Hoyt,

Thank you for the information and the clarification.

We reproduced the issue without the use of the "include page" macro and it worked for us.

If you could please create a template, according to the guide link below:-

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-template-296093779.html

On creating the template, please include the STAGIL Incoming Links macro.

On creating the Confluence page, instead of using the Create button, you could use the ...(3 dots next to it), and select your created template to create the pages. This should work without using the "include page" macro.

Hope this helps. Please contact me if you are still facing issues.

Jeffrey Hoyt June 30, 2021

It helps a little, but it's disappointing. The advantage to keeping it as an "include" is that if you have to change the common content, it only has to be done once. These are commonly-formatted, consistently-updated pages with long lives.

Thank you for the link on creating a template. 

Swasti Agarwal July 5, 2021

Hello Jeffrey Hoyt,

Thank you for the update.

Sorry for the disappointment. The Include Page macro allows us to display the contents of one page into another page/content reuse across multiple spaces. We can not directly impact the include page macro with our application.

Nevertheless glad to know that things worked with creating a template.

Best,

Swasti Agarwal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events