SSL and application link

franysk November 27, 2018

After installing SSL on the conbuence bitbucket, there was a communication error between the applications. SSL is self-signed by my certificate authority.
I import the certificate, restart, does not help, do this:

echo -n | openssl s_client -connect kb.local:443 | sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /tmp/kb.local.crt
echo -n | openssl s_client -connect git.local:443 | sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /tmp/git.local.crt

/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/bin/keytool -import -trustcacerts -keystore /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -noprompt -alias mycert1 -file /tmp/kb.local.crt
/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/bin/keytool -import -trustcacerts -keystore /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -noprompt -alias mycert2 -file /tmp/git.local.crt

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.14.1/jre/bin/keytool -import -trustcacerts -keystore /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.14.1/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -noprompt -alias mycert1 -file /tmp/kb.local.crt
/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.14.1/jre/bin/keytool -import -trustcacerts -keystore /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.14.1/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -noprompt -alias mycert2 -file /tmp/git.local.crt

At the same time, there is no error in bitbucket, but in confluence there is, updated confluence to the latest version.
I do not understand what I am doing wrong. Is it possible to disable this check altogether?
Help please, my ideas have already ended.

1 answer

0 votes
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Hi Roman,

I understand that application links does not work between bitbucket and confluence. Did you see any errors from the logs related to SSL or anything that causing the problem? Can you try adding below parameters to your setenv.sh file of confluence and see if its okay.

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/keystore

where '/path/to/keystore' is the absolute file path (i.e /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts) and restart the application try again.

-Shankar

franysk November 28, 2018

Hi, Shankar

Yes, the problem is in the links between bitbucket and merge applications. I do not see SSL errors in the catalina.out log.
Added line:
CATALINA_OPTS="-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts ${CATALINA_OPTS}"
in file: /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/setenv.sh

The error is the same

franysk November 28, 2018

I solved the question! It was necessary to import root ca and restart

Thanks for the help!

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Roman - Glad to know that your issue has been fixed. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events