SQL needed for User/Group report

I would like to create a report on which permission groups each user has been given.  The report would be something along the lines of:

| SPACEKEY | SPACENAME | Group Name | User Name | E-mail |

Does anyone have the SQL that would provide that or something similar? I'm not familiar enough with the database layout to know how to obtain such a report. We are currently running Confluence 5.7.1.

Thanks,

Tom Hanstra

hanstra@nd.edu

1 answer

0 vote
Josh Steckler Community Champion May 16, 2017

I wrote these recently, it's close to what you need.

Group Membership:

select cwd_group.group_name, cwd_user.user_name, cwd_user.display_name, cwd_user.email_address, (select attribute_value from cwd_user_attribute where cwd_user_attribute.user_id = cwd_user.id and cwd_user_attribute.attribute_name = "lastAuthenticated") as lastAuthenticated  from cwd_membership left join cwd_user on cwd_user.id = cwd_membership.child_user_id left join cwd_group on cwd_membership.parent_id = cwd_group.id order by user_name asc;

And this one is a list of all groups and individual users granted View privileges on a space:

SELECT sp.permid, sp.permtype, s.spacekey, s.spacename, sp.permgroupname, um.lower_username FROM SPACEPERMISSIONS sp JOIN SPACES s ON sp.spaceid = s.spaceid LEFT JOIN user_mapping um ON sp.permusername = um.user_key where sp.permtype = "VIEWSPACE" order by spacekey asc;

Tested on MySQL

Its a good way to make reports using sql or buying and add-on ?

I've been asked this question a lot around here and Nic helped me out, but I need more opinions in this.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

377 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you