SQL macro default, no results and formatting help

Eugene Domingo October 31, 2014

I'm using the SQL macro for inventory purposes.  I'm very new to database queries.  I pieced this together from examples and previous work by others.  I was going to use Play SQL but the dynamic user field has been removed on the Confluence pages.  I was looking into PocketQuery but I can't get the LIKE matching to work (question posted here as well).  I have three questions:

1. I can't seem to figure out how to make the default values blank without the query being interpreted as a blank (waiting for user input).  So, I just put NULL in the field for now.
  2. If the query comes back with no results, it displays the query for some reason.  Is there a way to hide that and only display "The query has returned no data."?
  3. A third question but it's not too important.  My query below uses LIKE.  But if an exact match comes up, is there a way to highlight the value green? 

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

Using LIKE '%NULL%' will not work. The way you work with NULLs is below ...

a.asset_description is NULL or i.itemnumber is NULL
Eugene Domingo October 31, 2014

The NULL is just an arbitrary value I placed in the value default. It's actually the string called "NULL" and not the value of NULL. Because I can't figure out how to allow SQL Macro to have a default value that is blank without an error, I just place the string "NULL" in the default value field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events