SQL for Confluence Error

Glen Collins August 15, 2016

Hello. I am using Confluence version 5.9.3 (on Redhat Linux) and the latest SQL for Confluence on a trial basis. I'm receiving rendering errors using both sql and macro-sql. I saw someplace (which I cannot now find) that there was an issue with how Confluence was rendering. I'm wondering if I'm experiencing that issue.

I am using the SQL right now and this is what I'm receiving:

Error rendering macro 'sql' : org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "{" Position: 22

This one is using file based SQL located on the server itself. But also when I do the exact some sql statement in the macro, I get the same error. Here is the SQL I'm using taken from the documentation page:

{sql}
select * from system
{sql}

I don't think I have to supply anything else since I'm specifying the datasource in the macro itself.

Has anyone else seen this before? I'm thinking(remembering) I may have to upgrade Confluence because of the rendering issue I saw. But I want to be sure.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Glen Collins

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

Did you insert the example as wiki markup using the Insert -> Markup menu item? I suspect not - you probably created a sql macro directly in the editor. In that case, you just put the sql statement in the body of the macro.

Glen Collins August 17, 2016

So what you are saying is:

-> insert -> macro -> sqlquery macro

And then"

Focus sqlquery macro -> insert -> markup -> add statement -> insert

Well when I select/focus the sqlquery macro, the 'insert more content' goes grey and is unselectable.

Glen Collins August 17, 2016

Ok. Well I feel stupid now. It was an error in the data source profiles. Once that was fixed it started working.

Thanks for answering this question though.

Glen Collins

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events