SAML authentication?

Steve Barry February 19, 2019

I'm attempting to follow the Confluence Server 6.9 documentation to enable SAML, but there are no SAML options under "Settings > General Configuration."  Was this feature removed?

Edit:  I'm running on a "Starter" license if it matters.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Steve,

Which documentation were you following? SAML is available for Confluence Data Center, but not Confluence Server. See the feature request below:

For more details, have a look at Server SSO and SAML Support:

Atlassian Server applications support Single Sign On through Crowd. SAML is not supported exclusively, but plugins do exist for the application:

Another alternative is to use Global SSO add-on for SAML across all products including Crowd (check application version compatibility).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Steve Barry February 20, 2019

Ah ok, that clears things up quite a bit.  I was looking at "Data Center" documentation, I didn't realize that was different than the "Server" product.

Does "Crowd" mean that SSO support comes from the community/marketplace?   So ultimately I'll need to install/configure one of the add-ons you listed to enable SSO in Confluence Server?

Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2019

Steve,

Crowd is another one of our products. You can use it to control user management in your Server products. Joe has linked this to you above.

You can see the main page about Crowd from our website:

I can see the confusion with the wording from that article, but the two SAML links are not related to Crowd and are simply a list of add-ons from Marketplace that will add SAML functionality to your instance.

I hope that clarifies things!

Shannon

David_Larkin June 7, 2019

What's the chances that Atlassian will make the SAML that functions on Data Center work for the Server version? I really need to link my SAML enabled Service Desk Data Center with my Confluence Server (Not Data Center version) without having to spend money on a plugin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2019

Hello David,

Thank you for following-up on this thread, and welcome to Atlassian Community!

We have a feature request for SAML in Confluence Server below:

I would recommend watching this and voting on it. That way you can receive any updates in your email as things progress.

Be advised that not all feature requests will end up being released, so please feel free to review our Implementation of New Features Policy for more details on how we choose which features to implement.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events