Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding not working in Confluence using Macro: Insert Jira Issue/Filter

Spirit Super November 25, 2021

I have created a custom field called Days Open using Calculated Number Field (by JWT)

Math/Numeric expression: {Date and time of resolution} !=null ? (( {Date and time of resolution} - {Date and time of creation})/ {DAY}) : (( {Current date and time} - {Date and time of creation} )/ {DAY})

Display format: Number with the following format: ##.#

The rounding to 1 decimal place works fine within JIRA but when displayed in Confluence using the macro; Insert Jira Issue/Filter, it displays a number to 15 decimal places.

Is there a way to get the rounding to come across in the Confluence view?

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Spirit Super,

Your observation, that the number formatting is currently not forwarded to Confluence, is correct.

A current workaround, that results in your number being displayed with one decimal place in Jira and Confluence would be an update of your expression used within the calculated custom field as follows:

round(%yourOriginalCalculationHere% * 10) / 10

Cheers,
Thorsten

P.S. This is basically the recommended approach first mentioned by @Fabian Lim

Spirit Super December 1, 2021

Thank you, this was exactly what I was after

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Hi @Spirit Super

I don't believe you can do anything to format on the Jira Issues/filter macro. 

I'm not a JWT expert, but I would try rounding it in the formula, if JWT allows you to.  

Cheers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2021

Hi @Spirit Super ,

We can suggest trying our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Transformer macro.

Wrap your Jira Issues macro into the Table Transformer macro:

Fri 2-1.png

Here I use a simple manually created table, but our macros understand all the dynamically changing tabular Confluence macros such as Jira Issues, Page Properties Report, Content Report Table, etc.

Then use the following SQL query:

Fri 2-2.png

SELECT T1.'Issue',
ROUND(T1.'Days Opened', 1) AS 'Days Opened'
FROM T*

Fri 2-3.png

The Table Transformer macro also allows you to perform table calculations right in Confluence, and with the help of the other macros that are provided by our app you'll be able to create live Jira dashboards on your Confluence pages as well. 

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Hi there,

As this Community thread mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

Keith Lanier January 25, 2023

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}

It would be really awesome if I could wrap my Jira Issues macro into the new Table Spreadsheet macro! Is this possible today, and if not is it planned?

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2023

Hi @Keith Lanier,

Unfortunately, it is not possible as for now. But we do have such task on the roadmap – I’ve attached the link to this thread to the ticket. Once the feature is implemented, I’ll return here to notify you.

Keith Lanier January 26, 2023

Great! Looking forward to when this will be released!

If you need beta tester, please reach out.

Alexey Mikhaylov _Stiltsoft_ September 29, 2023

Hello @Keith Lanier  ,

Let me inform you we've released a new macro - Spreadsheet from Table - which allows transferring your regular table or a table outputting a macro's content (such as, for example, Jira macro or Page Properties Report) into Table Spreadsheet with all its tools. It is available starting from Table Filter and Charts for Confluence version 10.0.0.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events