Root page could not be found, even though page exists

Jacob George January 6, 2022

I am trying to embed pages within pages and use the page tree macro to more cleanly structure our company's internal wiki but am receiving errors when I try.

The page I am trying to embed and reference for the page tree is the "test page"

confluence 1 - include page.png

The "test page" exists, is referenceable, and contains placehodler text. It also includes a "test sub page"

confluence 2 - test page exists.png

When published, we receive 2 errors

• Unable to render (include) - The included page could not be found
  • The root page 64258718 could not be found in space Client Success

confluence 3 - result.png

Sometimes the root page error even shows up in a different language...

confluence 4 - spanish.png

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

This is a big blocker for our team at the moment as we are currently unable to use these macros for any pages....

8 answers

0 votes
PIMENTEL, JOHN June 22, 2023

Note: on a whim I changed the page title to a single word "Architectural" as opposed to "Architecturally Significant" and it worked.  So something buggy in the selector / autofill that omits whatever special character is needed for whitesapce in the page title.  This is really lame...

Piotr Dańczura June 23, 2023

and of course atlassian doesnt give any Fs about that:)

0 votes
russell_j_zera August 26, 2022

REPOSTING TO ANSWER LIST INSTEAD OF THREAD REPLY, So if it works for Stephen (or others), he(they) can vote it :-) 

@[deleted] I ran into this problem the other day I believe... restating: 

• I needed to embed the page tree for the entire space "ABC" on a page within space "XYC" using the Page Tree macro and was getting the error "the selected page could not be found".

Here's what I did to fix it (and I believe the way it's designed to work, although it doesn't feel as intuitive as it should be, so hence why each of us ran into this issue): 

• If you are doing the entire space, in the "Restrict to the Space Key" you place the space of the page tree that you wish to render (as called above, the space name for what I keyed as "ABC"), which I believe is what you are calling out in your screenshot.
  • Then in the "Root Page" field, replace what you have with "@home".

Let me know if that solves your issue (if you still have it).

2022-08-26_13-55-00.png

Piotr Dańczura August 29, 2022

hey this works but it doesn't resolve the issue described in the OG topic.
i can link the HOME of an entire space but that is not something i want to do, i want to link to specific page in that space and then the problem still exists

0 votes
Deleted user March 22, 2022

Same here. The page tree macro is currently not working properly. 

All of these are correct: the Space and the page within the space (chosen from the dropdown). 

The Page Tree macro is broken. 

image.png

0 votes
Victor February 21, 2022

Same problem here, seems to happen only when referencing another space's page tree.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 15.03.07.png

bon2.png

0 votes
John Fearn February 8, 2022

I'm having the same issue too. Particularly when the root page is a page containing sub pages. It seems to work fine just using the space as the root.

0 votes
Courtney Sandberg January 13, 2022

I'm seeing the same issue on multiple pages when I try to use the Page Tree - any guidance?

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

Hi @Jacob George 

Welcome to the Community!!

So you are trying to include the root page in its child page?

Can you try including the different page? 

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hello, 

Have you tried to move the page / copy the page to see if it changes something? 

Second time (or you post twice maybe) I see this kind of problem. If this is not your second post, I start thinking it could be a bug! 

Please try my suggestion and give us some feedback so we can try to understand what's going on! 

Kate McGowan January 7, 2022

I've been experiencing the same issue and was unable to remedy it by moving/copying the page.

All pages that I've attempted to include are now giving the "Unable to render" error, even though I successfully included them within the same pages earlier this week and no permissions have been changed since then. 

I've been seeing a handful of other complaints about this in the community and am thinking that it is in fact a bug.

Piotr Dańczura July 6, 2022

I am having the same issue since like 1 month or something like that. This used to work for me for sure but now it has stopped working. In my case it is displaying the bug in 2 different languages (spanish and english).
of course i am reffering to a page in another space but that should not be the problem! how come such easy bug is not fixed?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events