Rollback to old editor

venkspr October 16, 2020

How do I rollback to old editor ? 

I use confluence daily at work we are on the legacy editor there. The new editor is just not good.

1. Missing single columns
  2. Use columns to organize sections and move them around. This was a major reason for using confluence. This is gone. 
  3. Tables have scroll bars even if there is little or no data.
  4. Serial number column missing.
  5. Panels with no option to have header colors or background colors
  6. Have onprem version at work that I live in practically and it is "legacy" editor. Context switching between the "legacy" to this "new" editor is hard. 

Some designs are eternal. Changing what works well to be replaced by something that doesn't is not improvement. 

Please bring it back and the new editor makes the product un-usable.

Best

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2020

Hello @venkspr !

This procedure can only be done by Atlassian Support Engineers. With that said, I have raised a ticket on your behalf and you should get an email notification about it soon.

Keep your eyes peeled for it!

venkspr October 20, 2020

Thank you. I’ll not blink till it is done !!

Like Diego likes this
0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2020

Hi @venkspr ,

This article covers your request :-) :

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/Change-to-your-content-is-in-your-hands/ba-p/1324476

According to this, you should be able to use the legacy editor.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2020

As they said in the article if your site doesn't have the legacy editor template enabled, you can contact Atlassian support (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/)

venkspr October 18, 2020

Thanks Carlos. I am using confluence cloud and my site doesn’t have legacy template enabled. When I try to create a new page I don’t see it. 

How do we resolve this ? 

I have several confluence sites which are paid (they don’t have this problem) , but the one I need help is free  and I can’t contact support for it. 

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

Like Diego said, only the Atlassian team can enable that template in the Cloud. I'm glad to see that they created the ticket for you. Good luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events