• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Roles in Confluence

Hi Confluence Team,

we are currently implementing Confluence and Jira in our company. For permissions in Jira we use a permission scheme and a small set of roles (reader, editor, poweruser and admin). This works nice as it allows project admins to invite people to their projects simply by adding them to a project role. No work for system admins at all.

In Confluence we are currently using groups (three groups per space for readers, editors and admins). In every space these three groups share the same set of permissions. I would appreciate roles in Confluence too. As this would allow project admins to add users to their project spaces easily.

Our current method is everything but agile as it forces us to create three groups per space and to add or remove users to/from these groups each and every time a project member joins or leaves a project. Global user management always requires a system admin to be involved.

When we allow project admins to add individual users to their projects then they have to toggle all permissions each and every time manually. This is error prone, as project admins sometimes don't understand the implications of certain permissions.

Is there a plan to add permission schemes and roles to Confluence? If not consider this as a feature request.

Kind regards
Florian

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Florian,

I can understand your requirements to allow roles and permission schemes in Confluence.

There is already a feature request I could find in our system: Role Based Restrictions but due to limited demand, we have no plans to implement it in the foreseeable future.

To give an insight of your requirement to developers, I have added this community thread on the feature ticket as an internal comment.

Thanks,

Saif

Hi Confluence support, 
i regret you closed the issue as "WON'T DO". We have only 3 space permission roles, and our Space Administrators are struggling to give edit rights to 20-40 users checking every other checkbox. As well the overview of user access rights is not so nice. Due to this fact, Space administrators tend to just click "Select All" permissions, and as a result every user is a Space Administrator.
Is there may be a new issue where you are gathering feedback for the same / similar feature?
Thanks
Marina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

429 views 23 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you