Roadmap planner does not save changes

Sioned Owen June 19, 2019

When I edit the roadmap planner within the macro it works ok. When I press 'insert' it returns to the Confluence page and the following changes do not save properly. 

- timeline date changes

- titles on bars

- location of bars

25 answers

11 votes
Mirna Lessinger February 26, 2020

I’m experiencing the same issue and it’s so frustrating. Has anybody found a way to fix it? 

8 votes
Mark Lee February 23, 2020

Hi, I'm having the same problem. When I edit my roadmap, click Insert, and Publish changes, it only *sometimes* saves my work. Is there any resolution in sight? 

7 votes
Chaya Ndiaye July 11, 2019

Hi, I have a similar problem.

I have made significant changes and the roadmap is deleted when I click insert. It is the 3rd time it happens today, so I basically lost 2 hours of work, anyone knows how to retrieve the changes? 

jchaconas August 15, 2019

I'm experiencing the very same thing and reverting to the previously saved version doesn't help. (Browser = Chrome)

6 votes
aurelien baelde May 28, 2020

Same problem on my side, very annoying.

6 votes
Ziyang April 1, 2020

I have wasted 3 hours today on the roadmap because of this issue. I don't know how much time I will still waste before having the roadmap correctly saved.

4 votes
Simon Rowe July 31, 2020

Me too.  Hours of work lost, two days in a row!

Come one Atlassian, respond please!

2 votes
Paul Winstone May 25, 2022

I have the same problem today - first time its occurred in 2 years - major bug when it happens

2 votes
Gordon Bradford May 24, 2022

Definitely still not fixed. Here today due to same issue. Running Chrome 

2 votes
Amy Munn June 2, 2021

I just lot a whole day of work having plotted over 50 items on a roadmap for the rest of the year.  I can't believe what a waste of time this has been.

Patrick Melo June 2, 2021

I feel your pain.

1 vote
Justin McIntosh August 14, 2022

This is not fixed. We lost 10+ hours of work because of this issue. Could Atlassian please comment? 

1 vote
Christopher Powell May 5, 2021

I am still experiencing this issue. I just lost hours of work - after clicking Insert, it all just disappeared. 

Agreed, AVOID THIS TOOL. What a waste of my day this has been. 

1 vote
Graham Stinson August 19, 2020

Same problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2023

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well, and happy New Year! My apologies for not encountering this thread before.

If you notice this behavior occurs when making a large number of edits in the roadmap or over a significant amount of time, we have an open bug ticket for that:

If it affects you, please click. This affects my team on the right-hand side. If you don't see that, please ensure you're signed into your Atlassian Account.

The bug is currently on our short-term backlog, so expect to see a resolution in the future.

I appreciate your understanding. Take care!

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

0 votes
gintare_b May 25, 2022

Ran into the same problem just now. Made me scream inside. Half a day worth of work thrown out of the window. After some research it looks like Atlassian doesn't care about this issue since 2018. 

Paul Winstone May 25, 2022

Made me scream - I created a new page with a new roadmap - no problem ... this is a real bug

I did notice the new roadmap gave options for how much of the screen to expand over ... while the old roadmap didn't 

gintare_b May 25, 2022

The issue for me is that I made the page a few weeks ago and only today added the roadmap for the first time. I initially struggled to add the roadmap itself. Took around 4 page refreshes just to get the roadmap added to my page. Already making my own roadmap tool in google sheets, i can't waste my employers time trying to make a broken tool work. Hopefully they'll fix it eventually. Have a good and productive day, sir.

Valerie Sekla May 27, 2022

Same here! Maybe they are experiencing an issue, this usually works

0 votes
Wyatt Parkins May 24, 2022

Having this problem today for the first time.

0 votes
Hanna Haponenko May 24, 2022

SOLUTION: I had this problem when I was just adding bars. I realized that a workaround was also slightly moving one of the existing bars and then clicking insert.

Gordon Bradford May 25, 2022

I tried this and worked once - but then a later save lost everything again

Like Diego Mastroianni likes this
Wyatt Parkins May 25, 2022

yeah this works sometimes but not always... seems this has been a consistent issue for years but I just started having the problem and have been using for 1 year +.

Like Diego Mastroianni likes this
0 votes
Rojal Pradhan May 23, 2022

This sounds like an issue going on for a while. I tried for several hours today to update my planner and it does not take any changes. It was working last month or so. Does this happen occasionally? 

Confluence? What is the answer here?

0 votes
Prashanthi Naik March 15, 2022

This isn't solved! I lost 2 hours of work today! So frustrating! Is there a way to retrieve the lost content?

0 votes
Bart Steverink June 10, 2021

Confluence road maps keep turning into road rage. Have lost hours of work several times now for various reasons. Just don't use them, use https://www.lucidchart.com/ or any other diagramming tool in stead. Or stick with gitlab roadmaps (premium license required)...

0 votes
Kennieth Burwood January 7, 2021

This has just happened to me too. Both having changes not saved, PLUS having it fully delete the roadmap after a subsequent attempt to edit it.

Someone else just logged a bug for this a couple days ago. I've added my detailed comments to that bug. I recommend anyone else experiencing this go to that bug and up-vote it and leave your feedback.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69248

Kennieth Burwood January 12, 2021

Update: Atlassian's confluence team just reported that they've fixed this bug. See their comments in the linked jira ticket.

Like Simon Rowe likes this
Max DeCurtins February 25, 2021

This is definitely not fixed, as I ran into this problem this morning. An hour or more of work . . . POOF! Gone. I was going to redo the work but then I found this thread and knowing this problem exists, I am 100% not going to waste my time trying to do that work again.

Stay away from this tool; it is nowhere near a viable feature and the UX is horrible.

Like # people like this
Matthew Gisler March 21, 2022

Definitely not fixed. Just lost hours of work in preparation for a meeting tomorrow.

Travis.Haney May 23, 2022

Same here... not fixed.

0 votes
James Gill January 4, 2021

Same here...Confluence?

0 votes
Patrice Thivierge F. December 11, 2020

same thing just happened to me, very frustrating

0 votes
Nicolas.Martinez October 27, 2020

Happened to me yesterday, spent 2hours with dev manager building roadmap for our project and as I clicked Insert in the page, changes were not saved. This was just before an important meeting to present the project plan to CEO and I had no roadmap to show!

This tool is to be avoided. I'll use ProductPlan instead from now on, which saves changes for every bar.

Looks like in my case issue was more severe than described by OP. Perhaps it was because I had the same page in edit mode on two tabs, so I could see page content on one tab and reflect it in the roadmap planner on the other tab.

0 votes
Emma Reading October 9, 2020

Same issue... repeatedly 

0 votes
Michael Holtzman August 27, 2020

This has happened to me as well several times. Again sometimes after clicking Insert after editing the roadmap is saves and updates correctly, often it doesn't. I am also using Chrome on Mac as browser. 

After clicking Insert there is whitespace on the page, so it's like the data is there but hidden, and from then on I am unable to edit the Macro so I have now way to get back to editing to recover. 

The visual is nice, but I'm about to switch to another solution as this is just a huge waste of time. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events