Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap Planner - Unable to label bars. Why?

Jodie Herbert April 9, 2021

Hi, I am new to Atlassian, using roadmap Planner for the first time. 

When I look online I can see example screenshots of the Roadmap Planner in use, that shows the bars can be labelled and even change colour. However, I do not appear to have that functionality.

Can anyone please explain why I have this restriction please?

4 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2021

Hi @Jodie Herbert,

Welcome to the community! I do not see any reason why these changes would be restricted to you, but the editing experience of the roadmap macro is maybe not the most intuitive around.

When you create a new roadmap planner macro and are still editing, you can change bar labels just by clicking on the label name , as shown below:

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 12.10.11.png

I clicked on the yellow Bar 1 first and then on the label Bar 1 in the dialog that appears. Then I can start editing.

The bar colours are defined by the Lane the bars are in. So if you want to change bar colours, you actually need to change the lane colours:

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 12.10.45.png

In this example, I clicked on Lane 1 first and then can select one of the available colours from the popup that appears.

Once your page is saved and you want to update the macro afterwards, you will need to edit your page first, select the macro and edit the macro itself before the options I described above will be available.

Hope this helps!

Jay Bellhouse January 25, 2022

This does not work

Like # people like this
Rebeca Philipp May 25, 2022

@Jay Bellhouse- did you ever find a fix for this? I'm currently facing the same issue and it's driving me nuts!

Marissca Gracias July 25, 2023

@Walter Buggenhout Thank you so much! This worked for me

0 votes
sflach September 25, 2023

This bug is a deal breaker. Too bad, I was hoping to use this macro.

0 votes
Evilp0ny (Ivan) September 22, 2022

Hey,

Try disabling Google Chrome extensions. For example, AdBlock, Speed Dial, etc. It helped me. 

0 votes
Jocelyn Cruz January 7, 2022

This does not work. (Sigh)

Have you figured this out, because it is annoying.  I can update the label but it will not show in any new bar that is added?

OK I figured out the bug.  Something to do with where they are placing the default text on a new bar.  You have to "detach the bar" from the start of the road map.  I played with the size of bar stretching it out, then I could see the Title I added.  Then I moved it back in grabbed the bar and detached it freeing it from the start.  Once it was detached the name would show no matter the size of bar.  Not sure if that is clear but good luck.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events